A Plot of Cambridge Common with a view of the Roads & a principal part of the Buildings thereon, ca. 1781 Digital
Scope and Contents
The drawing depicts the following buildings, listed in order of appearance, beginning with the Harvard College buildings in the bottom-left corner and moving clockwise: Holden Chapel, Hollis Hall, Harvard Hall, Stoughton Hall, Massachusetts Hall, Christ Church, the schoolhouse, a barn on the Prentice Estate, the "Laboratory" or magazine remaining from the barracks built in 1775, the Waterhouse house, the blacksmith's shop, the house of John Nutting, a barn on the John Hastings estate, the John Hastings house, and the Jonathan Hastings-Holmes house.
Extent.42 cubic feet (5 drawings)
Former call number
Part of the Harvard University Archives Repository
Holding nearly four centuries of materials, the Harvard University Archives is the principal repository for the institutional records of Harvard University and the personal archives of Harvard faculty, as well as collections related to students, alumni, Harvard-affiliates and other associated topics. The collections document the intellectual, cultural, administrative and social life of Harvard and the influence of the University as it emerged across the globe.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA