Elizabeth Carter and Hannah More letters to Mary Hamilton
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
Topics include London society, friendship between women, literary interests, public affairs, and many others.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Bound volume of letters from Elizabeth Carter and Hannah More
- ___A. Letters from Elizabeth Carter
- ___B. Letters from Hannah More
- II. Additional letters from Hannah More
Immediate Source of Acquisition
See curatorial file for extensive dealer's notes on content of letters.
- Hamilton, Mary, 1756-1816, recipient. Elizabeth Carter and Hannah More letters to Mary Hamilton, 1778-1815: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA