Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
3 linear feet (8 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
T. S. Eliot's brother, Henry Ware Eliot, Jr. and sister-in-law, Theresa Garrett Eliot, collected letters and other materials concerning T. S. Eliot and his family.
A few of the primary family names associated with this collection are listed below, with relationship to T. S. Eliot:
- Henry Ware Eliot, 1843-1919; father [Sr.].
- Charlotte Champe Stearns Eliot, 1843-1929; mother.
- Henry Ware Eliot, 1879-1947; brother [Jr.].
- Theresa Ann Garrett Eliot, 1884-1981; wife of Henry Ware Eliot, Jr.; sister-in-law of T. S. Eliot.
- Vivienne Haigh-Wood Eliot, 1888-1947; first wife.
- Esmé Valerie Fletcher Eliot, 1926-2012; second wife=known as Valerie Eliot.
- I. T. S. Eliot correspondence
- II. Other correspondence, by name
- III. Business correspondence
- IV. Photographs and negatives
- V. Other materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
99M-22. Gift of Theresa Garrett Eliot [Mrs. Henry Ware Eliot, Jr.]; received: 1959 December.
The material cataloged below was collected by Henry and Theresa Eliot and placed in the vault of the Houghton Library. It was removed from the vault and fully cataloged in July of 2015.
Original cataloging list for 59M-126 has been removed to curatorial file.
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965. T. S. Eliot family papers, 1896-1958: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA