John and Carol Garrard collection of Vasilii Semenovich Grossman papers
- Majority of material found within 1923-1994
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
Conditions Governing Use
2.65 linear feet (7 boxes including 1 pf box and 2 folders containing 3 items)
Biographical / Historical
John Gordon Garrard is a professor emeritus of Russian Studies at the University of Arizona; together with his wife Carol E. Garrard he wrote a biography of Vasilii Grossman.
- I. Compositions
- II. Correspondence
- III. Research files for the Bones of Berdichev : the life and fate of Vasily Grossman
- ___A. Files on Vasilii Grossman
- ___B. Files on the Nazi occupation of the Soviet Union and the anti-fascist movement
- IV. Other material
- V. Additions to collection
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2004M-18. Gift of John G. Garrard and Carol E. Garrard ; received: 2004 July, 2013 August 22-23, 2014 June 13.
2010M-52. Gift of John G. Garrard and Carol E. Garrard ; received: 2010 December 29.
2011M-43. Gift of John G. Garrard and Carol E. Garrard ; received: 2011 October 5, 2012 May 17. 2018M-14. Gift of John Garrard ; received 2017 July 24.
2018M-20. Gift of John and Carol Garrard ; received 2017 August 8.
2019M-22. Gift of John and Carol Garrard ; received 2018 September.
This collection is part of the Andrei Sakharov Archives at Harvard University.
- Garrard, John Gordon, collector. John and Carol Garrard collection of Vasilii Semenovich Grossman papers, 1902-2013: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA