Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Most of this collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
1 collection (5 linear feet (13 boxes and 3 portfolio drawers))
Other materials in this collection are theatrical materials Rapport collected, mostly associated with his original work, including: playbills from Boston (1948-1964); theatrical photographs taken by others; and window cards and posters from Boston productions.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Drawings by Will Rapport, by name of individual
- II. Drawings by Will Rapport, by title of production
- III. Negatives by Will Rapport
- IV. Photographs by Will Rapport
- V. Printing plates and wood blocks by Will Rapport
- VI. Photographs collected by Will Rapport
- VII. Playbills collected by Rapport
- VIII. Drawings by Will Rapport, oversize
- IX. Theatrical window cards collected by Will Rapport, oversize
- X. Posters collected by Will Rapport, oversize
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Will Rapport, 87 Grafton Street, Arlington, Massachusetts; received: 1966.
Old lists of most of this material filed in the curatorial file.
- Rapport, Will. Will Rapport papers, 1931-1964: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA