Papers for Three designers for the contemporary theatre exhibition
- Majority of material found in 1950
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not housed at the Houghton Library but is shelved offsite at the Harvard Depository. Retrieval requires advance notice. Readers should check with Houghton Public Services staff to determine what material is offsite and retrieval policies and times.
Extent.25 linear feet (2 boxes)
Some of the images in this collection have been annotated with notes by former curators of the Harvard Theatre Collection. They have noted the date and source of when original designs depicted in the photographs were given to the HTC.
Biographical / Historical
- I. General papers on the exhibition and designers
- II. Papers on Robert Edmond Jones
- III. Papers on Donald Oenslager
- IV. Papers on Lee Simonson
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Some of this material appears to have been added after the exhibition date of 1950.
- Papers for Three designers for the contemporary theatre exhibition, 1915-1954: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA