Tennessee Williams family photographs and other materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent1.5 linear feet (1 box)
Format of images includes photographs, cabinet photographs, snapshots, carte-de-visite, and negatives.
Biographical / Historical
Includes photographs of the following family members, as well as many other persons:
- Rev. Walter Edwin Dakin, 1857-1955 (TW's grandfather)
- Rosina Otte Dakin, 1863-1944 (TW's grandmother)
- Cornelius Coffin Williams, 1880-1957 (TW's father)
- Edwina Dakin Williams, 1884-1980 (TW's mother)
- Rose Isabel Williams, 1909-1996 (TW's sister)
- Walter Dakin Williams, 1919-2008 (TW's brother)
- I. Williams family photograph albums, ca. 1890s-1930s
- II. Williams family loose photographs
- ___A. Tennessee Williams portrait photographs
- ___B. Tennessee Williams photographs with others
- ___C. Photographs of other persons
- ___D. Images of places, events, and miscellaneous
- III. Other materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
All these materials appear to be former property of the Williams family and many images are annotated by family members, especially Williams' mother and brother Dakin.
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983. Tennessee Williams family photographs and other materials, 1885-1964: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA