Tennessee Williams correspondence and other papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent1.2 linear foot (2 boxes and 4 oversize folders)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Letters from Tennessee Williams to others
- II. Letters from others to Tennessee Williams
- III. Third party letters
- IV. Other materials concerning Tennessee Williams
Immediate Source of Acquisition
No accession number. Gift of Frederick R. Koch, 825 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10024; received: 1986 June 3. Formerly titled: "Additions to the F. R. Koch Collection; family correspondence." This group of materials was purchased through John F. Fleming, Sotheby's, New York, sale 5432, 14 February 1986, lot 525. Purchase funded with a gift from F. R. Koch, 1986 June 2.
2018MT-27. Item (9a) purchased with funds from the Bayard Livingston and Kate Gray Kilgour fund, 2017 July 21.
Series V has no accession number. Gift of Frederick R. Koch, no date.
Series V processed by Betts Coup, 2018 May.
- Williams, Tennessee, 1911-1983. Tennessee Williams correspondence and other papers, 1918-1980: Guide.
- Harvard Theatre Collection, Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Description rules
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA