Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1 collection (.5 linear feet (1 box))
Series II, Manuscripts, consists of drafts of epitaphs which Garrick composed for Charles Holland and William Hogarth, as well as a transcript of his poem Upon Dr. Cadogan's Blaspheming Shakespear.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Correspondence
- II. Manuscripts
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Boaden, James, ed. The Private Correspondence of David Garrick (London: Colburn & Bentley, 1831)
- Garrick, David. Poetical Works of David Garrick (London: George Kearsley, 1785)
- Knapp, Mary E. Checklist of Verse by David Garrick (Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 1955).
- Little, David M.; and George M. Kahrl, eds. The Letters of David Garrick (Cambridge, Mass.: The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1963)
- Garrick, David, 1717-1779. David Garrick papers, 1749-1778: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA