Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
William Morris Colles (1855-1926) was Hewlett's literary agent and founder and managing director of the Authors' Syndicate.
- I. Maurice Henry Hewlett letters to Harold Monro and Alida Klemantaski Monro
- II. William Morris Colles papers concerning Maurice Henry Hewlett
- ___A. Correspondence
- ___B. Compositions and miscellany
- ___C. Business papers and financial records
Immediate Source of Acquisition
56M-40. Purchased with the Amy Lowell fund from G. F. Sims, Peacocks, Hurst, Berkshire, England; received 1956 October. (Cat. 32, Lot 102). Former call number: bMS Eng 985.2.
57M-44. Purchased with the Bemis fund from G. F. Sims, Peacocks, Hurst, Berkshire, England; received 1957 October. (Cat. 30, Lot 168). Former call-number: bMS Eng 985.3.
Prior to full processing, this material had three call-numbers: bMS Eng 985.1, bMS Eng 985.2, and bMS Eng 985.3. In 2013 the collection was fully cataloged under bMS Eng 985.1; the other "point" numbers of .2 and .3 have been discarded.
- Hewlett, Maurice Henry, 1861-1923. Maurice Henry Hewlett collection, 1903-1927: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA