Henry Hobson Richardson additional drawings and papers
Conditions Governing Access
Extent1.6 linear feet (2 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Correspondence
- II. Drawings
- ___A. Loose drawings by Richardson and by members of his office staff
- ___B. Sketchbook by Richardson
- III. Related material
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Items (47), (48), and (49) were returned to the depositor on 1982 October 13.
- The catalogue referred to in the following descriptions is: O'Gorman, James F. H. H. Richardson and his office: a centennial of his move to Boston, 1874. Selected drawings. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Department of Printing and Graphic Arts, Harvard College Library, 1974.
- For the most complete list of Richardson collections of drawings and manuscripts in this country, see: Ochsner, Jeffrey Karl. H. H. Richardson, complete architectural works. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 1982. Pages 339-443.
- Richardson, H. H. (Henry Hobson), 1838-1886. Henry Hobson Richardson additional drawings and papers, 1858-1886: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA