Amy Lowell autograph collection,
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The Emily Dickinson original manuscripts may not be used without the curator's permission (items (91), (92), (93), (94), (95)); readers should use digital surrogates or consult photocopy versions in item (95a).
The Charlotte Brontë manscript in item (42) is fragile and may not be used without the curator's permission; readers should consult enlarged photocopy version in item (42a).
1 collection (4 linear feet (10 boxes))
Number (116) has been omitted from this series.
Biographical / Historical
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Original correspondence of John Keats and other Keats-related material is now MS Keats 1-6.
- Correspondence of Ridgeley Torrence, item (309), is now bMS Lowell 19 (1214a).
- Lowell 4210.5 is now MS Lowell 10
- Lowell 4211.22 is now MS Lowell 17
Original finding aid is in curatorial file. A few items were not located at the time of the 2011 recataloging and have been so noted in the item entries below.
- Lowell, Amy, 1874-1925, collector. Amy Lowell autograph collection, 1523-1930: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA