Emily Dickinson letters to Josiah Gilbert Holland and Elizabeth Chapin Holland
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1 linear feet (2 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
Box 2 (Manuscript stacks)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Copies
- F = Franklin, R. W. The poems of Emily Dickinson. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1998.
- J = Johnson, Thomas, ed. The complete poems of Emily Dickinson : including variant readings critically compared with all known manuscripts. Cambridge, Mass. : Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1955.
- JL = Johnson, Thomas, ed. The letters of Emily Dickinson. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 1958.
In November, 1954, Mrs. Walter Bingham found among the Dickinson papers four additional MSS. belonging to the Holland family. These she returned to Mrs Ward, who presented them to Harvard. They were accessioned under no. *54M-116, and then added to the series as nos. 96-99.
- Dickinson, Emily, 1830-1886. Emily Dickinson letters to Josiah Gilbert Holland and Elizabeth Chapin Holland, ca. 1853-1886: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA