Oliver Wendell Holmes papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Extent3.6 linear feet (12 boxes)
Beaman papers are largely unsorted and consist of mostly correspondence and family letters and papers.
Biographical / Historical
- I. bMS Am 2066: Letters, manuscripts, and notebooks
- II. bMS Am 2066.1: Papers concerning sale of land to Harvard
- III. bMS Am 2066.2: Business papers, bills, cancelled checks
- IV. bMS Am 2066.3: Early family papers and genealogical notes
- V. bMS Am 2066.4: Abiel Holmes materials
- VI. bMS Am 2066.5: Material collected for Oliver Wendell Holmes's memoir of John Lothrop Motley
- VII. bMS Am 2066.6: Letters to Holmes from John and Sarah Wendell Holmes
- VIII. bMS Am 2066.7: Letters from various persons
- IX. bMS Am 2066.8: Photographic prints and glass negatives, mostly by Holmes
- X. bMS Am 2066.9: Letters of condolence to Oliver Wendell Holmes on the death of his father
- XI. bMS Am 2066.10: Correspondence and family papers of Charles Cotesworth Beaman, Jr.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, 1809-1894. Oliver Wendell Holmes papers, 1745-1916: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA