- Majority of material found within 1940-1961
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
84 linear feet (167 boxes, 1 volume)
Research and writings of Fischer contain outlines, notes and drafts of books and articles on the history of German communism, its relationship with the Russian state party, and other subjects. Related material includes lecture notes from 1960-1961 seminar in Paris on the Russian communist party, and source files (divided into biographical, geographical, and subjectsections) with notes, clippings, and printed items. Business papers contain contracts with publishers, travel records, bank statements, medical records, etc. Papers belonging to Fischer's colleagues include writings, speeches and interviews with Maslow; letters of her associates, Hellmann, William Petersen, and Adolph Weingarten; and writings of Sidney Fay, Karl Korsch and others.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Letters to Ruth Fischer
- II. Letters from Ruth Fischer
- III. Letters to Ruth Fischer's associates
- A. Letters to Heinrich Hellmann
- B. Letters to William Petersen
- C. Letters to Adolph Weingarten
- IV. Letters to Arkadi Maslow
- V. Letters from Arkadi Maslow
- VI. Other letters
- VII. Compositions by Ruth Fischer
- A. Miscellaneous
- B. Book-length manuscripts
- C. Shorter compositions
- D. Source files and clippings
- VIII. Compositions by Arkadi Maslow
- A. Shorter compositions
- B. Longer compositions and serials
- IX. Compositions by others
- X. Business papers
Immediate Source of Acquisition
*47M-404. Presented by Ruth Fischer; received: 1945.
*49M-294. Presented by Ruth Fischer, care of The Harvard University Press; received: 1950.
*64M-79. Presented by Harvard University Press; received: 1964.
*65M-158. Transferred from Widener Library; received: 1966.
*81M-37. Bequest of Ruth Fischer; received: 1961.
- Fischer, Ruth, 1895-. Ruth Fischer papers (MS Ger 204): Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA