- Majority of material found in 1863-1900
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
6.25 linear feet (15 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Letters to Villard
- II. Letters from Villard to others
- III. Letters to Fanny Garrison Villard
- IV. German letters and documents
- V. Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War
- VI. Villard family material
- VII. Family genealogy, records, and photographs
- VIII. Family books
- IX. Miscellaneous materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Item (644): No accession number. Gift of Oswald Garrison Villard, 20 Vesey Street, New York , New York; received: 1944 January 12.
- Villard, Henry, 1835-1900. Henry Villard papers, 1604-1948: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA