Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
2.5 linear feet (6 boxes)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Letters to Catherine (Eliot) Norton;
- II. Letters to Jane Norton;
- III. Letters to Grace Norton;
- IV. Letters to Susan (Sedgwick) Norton;
- V. Letters to Eliot Norton;
- VI. Letters to Margaret Palmer (Meyer) Norton;
- VII. Letters to Sara Norton;
- VIII. Letters to Elizabeth Gaskell Norton;
- IX. Letters to Rupert Norton;
- X. Letters to other members of the Norton family; and
- XI. Letters to the family, and to unidentified Norton family members.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Norton family, recipient. Letters received by the Norton family, 1830-1920: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA