Marguerite Yourcenar papers
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent10.5 linear feet (29 boxes, 6 volumes)
Compositions by Yourcenar include holograph manuscripts, drawings, typescripts, research notes, lists of corrections for various editions, galley and page proofs, and printed versions of her work with extensive annotations by Yourcenar and by Grace Frick.
Compositions of others include manuscript drafts of English translations of Yourcenar's work by David Freeman, Grace Frick, Joan Howard, Walter Kaiser, Dori Katz, and Alberto Manguel. Includes manuscripts of articles and dissertations on Yourcenar, some with Yourcenar's comments.
Biographical material includes: correspondence, contracts and accounts with various publishers; material on animal rights and conservation; Yourcenar-Frick health and travel records; official documents; photographs; and other biographical miscellany of Yourcenar and Frick.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Letters to Marguerite Yourcenar
- II. Letters from Marguerite Yourcenar
- III. Librairie Plon: Correspondence with Marguerite Yourcenar
- A. Letters to Marguerite Yourcenar
- B. Letters from Marguerite Yourcenar
- IV. Other letters
- A. Letters to and from Grace Frick
- B. Librairie Plon: other letters
- C. Miscellaneous other letters
- V. Compositions by Marguerite Yourcenar
- VI. Compositions by others
- VII. Biographical material
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Yourcenar, Marguerite. Marguerite Yourcenar papers, 1920-1986: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA