Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
3.3 linear feet (10 boxes)
Lindsay compositions include autograph manuscripts, drawings, typescripts, and scores, with much of this material inscribed to family members. Also includes photographs, maps, biographical miscellany, and printed materials relating to Lindsay (tributes, clippings, reviews, programs of lectures, and promotional material).
Some folders include extra sheets of manuscript notes about the collection by the donor, Catherine Wakefield Ward.
Biographical / Historical
- I. Vachel Lindsay correspondence, 1887-1931
- A. Letters to his family
- B. Letters to others, 1912-1931
- C. Letters to Vachel Lindsay, 1911-1930
- II. Other correspondence, 1914-1956
- III. Vachel Lindsay compositions and drawings, 1890-1949 and undated
- IV. Compositions by others, 1913-1951 and undated correspondence
- A. Manuscripts and typescripts, 1931-1946 and undated
- B. Printed tributes to Lindsay, 1929-1951
- C. Printed promotions & publisher lists, 1913-1931
- V. Programs, 1907-1955 and undated
- VI. Clippings, 1897-1982 and undated
- A. Journal articles & reviews, 1913-1961
- B. Newspaper reviews and stories, 1897-1982 and undated
- VII. Biographical material, 1879-1935 and undated
- A. Family documents, 1879-1925
- B. Honors, 1930
- C. Maps and brochures, undated
- D. Photographs, 1882-1931 and undated
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2001M-4. Gift of Mrs. Catharine Wakefield Ward, 1506 Foulkeways, Gwynedd, Pennsylvania 19436; received: 2001 July 2.
- Lindsay family. Lindsay-Wakefield family papers, 1879-1982: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA