- Majority of material found within 1821-1888
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
4 linear feet (10 boxes)
Alcott family correspondence with others includes letters from various Alcott family members to and from friends and family, including letters from: Anna Bronson Alcott Pratt, Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Annie Adams Fields, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Henry David Thoreau, and many others. Many letters are to Amos Bronson Alcott.
Alcott family business papers and clippings includes newspaper clippings concerning LMA, ABA, and the Concord School of Philosophy; and correspondence concerning: the purchase of the Thoreau House, the sale of Orchard House, financial arrangements for Louisa May Nieriker Rasim, and business matters of Louisa May Alcott.
Biographical / Historical
- Alcott family papers (MS Am 1130.14)
- Alcott family correspondence with others (MS Am 1130.15)
- Alcott family business papers and clippings (MS Am 1130.16)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Alcott family. Alcott family additional papers, 1707-1904: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA