Houghton Mifflin Company correspondence and records
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
64 linear feet (165 boxes)
Includes 2 drawing illustrations by Frances Lester Warner: At home with variations; and Sunlight sonata, Family life with variations. Also 3 pen and ink drawing illustrations by Warner: Geoffrey went politely to the edge of the roof, and gazed down, from Fire in the sky; and From Diet and the Daily Dozen Exercise, said Endicott, is not at its best without a by-product...
Many of the items listed below also conatin a variety of interdepartmental memoranda, related correspondence, and other material concerning the author or firm named in the heading.
Biographical / Historical
MS Am 1925:
- I. Correspondence with Houghton Mifflin
- A. Letters to and from Houghton Mifflin
- B. Letters from Houghton Mifflin
- II. Business correspondence
- III. Legal and interdepartmental correspondence and documents
- MS Am 1925.1: Letters to The Atlantic Monthly
- MS Am 1925.2: Letters to and from Henry Oscar Houghton [personal correspondence]
- MS Am 1925.3: Other letters
- MS Am 1925.4: Compositions, photographs, contracts and miscellany
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Houghton Mifflin Company. Houghton Mifflin Company correspondence and records, 1832-1944: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA