John James Audubon letters and drawings
- Majority of material found in 1805-1847
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
4 linear feet (15 boxes and 1 volume)
Biographical / Historical
- I. Drawings (pfMS Am 21)
- II. Correspondence (bMS Am 21)
- III. Additional letters by Audubon (fMS Am 21.5)
- IV. Drawings by John James Audubon, deposited by the Ernst Mayr Library, Museum of Comparative Zoology (MCZ 118)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
MCZ 118: Deposited by the Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology.
- Audubon, John James, 1785-1851. John James Audubon letters and drawings, 1805-1892: Guide.
- Houghton Library, Harvard College Library
- Imaging funded by the Class of 1952 Manuscript Department Fund.
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA