Houghton Library collection of cabinet photographs of contortionist Belle Birbeck
- Houghton Library (Collector, Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Extent.08 linear feet (7 items)
Birbeck's name and, on one, Dick (Drummond) Staley's, "Morrison, Colo", and "1893" are written in blue ink on all cards; on three they are written on the photograph itself. The photographer was Feinberg in New York (probably Abraham S. Feinberg).
Biographical / Historical
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Houghton Library collection of cabinet photographs of contortionist Belle Birbeck, 1893 (MS Thr 2084): Guide
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
- 2021 January 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS)
- Language of description
- Finding aid is written in English.
- EAD ID
Part of the Houghton Library Repository
Houghton Library is Harvard College's principal repository for rare books and manuscripts, literary and performing arts archives, and more. The library's holdings of primary source material are managed by an expert staff and shared with scholars, students and the public in the reading room.
Cambridge MA 02138 USA