John B. Little papers
- 1855-2015 (inclusive),
- Majority of material found within 1960s-2000 .
- Little, John B. (Bertram) 1929-. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Access to electronic records in this collection (as found in Series I and II) is also subject to the above restrictions. Additionally, access is premised on the availability of a computer station, requisite software, and/or the ability of Public Services staff to review and/or print out records of interest in advance of an on-site visit.
The Papers are stored offsite. Researchers are advised to consult Public Services for further information concerning retrieval of material.
Conditions Governing Use
Extent58 cubic feet ( (57 records center cartons and 1 flat box) )
.5 gigabytes* ( (electronic records))
13 cubic feet (Unprocessed papers in 13 records center cartons)
The collection is predominantly in English with some materials in German, French, Russian, and Chinese.
John B. Little (born 1929), B.A., 1951, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts; M.D., 1955, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts. Little interned at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland and the Massachusetts General Hospital. He joined the faculty of the Harvard School of Public Health in 1965. A brief chronology of Little's professional activity follows.
Professional Activity of John B. Little
- Born Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. (Physics), Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts
- M.D., Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Intern (Medicine), Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Assistant Radiologist, United States Army Hospital, Fort Hood, Texas
- Chief of Radiology, United States Army Hospital, Landes de Bussac, Bordeaux, France
- Resident (Radiology), Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Clinical Assistant (Radiology), Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Fellow (Physiology), Harvard University
- Instructor (Physiology, Radiobiology), Harvard School of Public Health
- Consultant (Radiology), Massachusetts General Hospital
- Assistant Professor (Radiobiology), Harvard School of Public Health
- Lecturer (Radiation Therapy), Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Associate Professor (Radiobiology), Harvard School of Public Health
- Professor (Radiobiology), Harvard School of Public Health
- Chairman (Physiology), Harvard School of Public Health
- James Stevens Simmons Professor of Radiobiology, Harvard School of Public Health
Series and Subseries in the Collection
- I. Research Records, 1958-2002, undated
- ___ A. Grant Records, 1966-2001, undated
- ___ B. Laboratory Notebooks, 1938-2002, undated
- II. Professional Appointments, 1959-2003, undated
- ___A. Harvard University, 1959-2003, undated
- ______ 1. Teaching Records, 1959-2002, undated
- ______ 2. Committee Service, 1962-2003, undated
- ___ B. MIT Teaching Records, 1966-1979, undated
- III. Consultancies and Professional Service, 1855-2002, undated
- IV. Manuscripts and Publications, 1960-2004, undated
- V. Correspondence, 1962-2003
- VI. Personal Papers, 1969-2006, undated
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Accession number 2004-016. John Bertram Little. 23 February 2004.
- Accession number 2008-083. John Bertram Little. 27 June 2008.
Staff at the Center reboxed, refoldered, and listed the collection and created a finding aid to enhance access. Material in three-ring binders was removed from the binders, the binder titles transcribed as folder titles, and the binders discarded. .5 cubic feet of duplicate class materials were discarded. Triplicate copies of these materials were retained in the collection. 3.5" floppy diskettes were imaged using the FTK (Forensic Toolkit) and digital surrogates are available for researcher use; two disks could not be imaged. The original disks were retained in the collection. Researchers should be aware that words in brackets in folder titles were illegible or nearly so on the original folders; in these cases, the original folder tabs have been removed and placed with the refoldered material.
- Cancer cells – Growth.
- Cancer cells.
- Cell Biology
- Cell Growth Processes
- Color slides
- Cytology Research.
- Floppy disks
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Laboratory notebooks
- Laboratory notes
- Little, John B. (Bertram) 1929-.
- Personal papers
- Little, John B. (Bertram), 1929-. Papers, 1855-2006 (inclusive), 1960s-2000 (bulk): Finding Aid.
- Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine. Center for the History of Medicine.
- Processing of the John B. Little papers was funded by the Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine's Lloyd E. Hawes Fund for Radiology.
- EAD ID