Collected correspondence regarding the Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology
Scope and Contents
Scope and content: Consists of correspondence regarding a possible transfer of funds from Howe Eye Hospital of New York to the Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Letters are chiefly from law firm Ropes, Gray, Boyden, & Perkins to Elizabeth M. Howe, along with correspondence with Harvard Medical School Dean David Linn Edsall and Bowdoin College President Kenneth Charles Morton Sills.
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Access requires advance notice. Contact Public Services for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
The [Harvard/Boston] Medical Library does not hold copyright on all materials in the collection. Researchers are responsible for identifying and contacting any third-party copyright holders for permission to reproduce or publish. For more information on the Center's use, publication, and reproduction policies, view our Reproductions and Use Policy.
Extent0.01 cubic feet (3 folders)
Biographical / Historical
The Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology was established in 1926 by a gift of Dr. Lucien Howe of Buffalo, New York, to Harvard Medical School.
- Collected correspondence regarding the Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology, 1929: Finding Aid
- Jessica Sedgwick
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Center for the History of Medicine (Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine) Repository
The Center for the History of Medicine in the Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine is one of the world's leading resources for the study of the history of health and medicine. Our mission is to enable the history of medicine and public health to inform healthcare, the health sciences, and the societies in which they are embedded.
10 Shattuck Street
Boston MA 02115