Francis J. Aguilar papers
- Aguilar, Francis J. (Francis Joseph) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted material has been identified and separated. Note that box and folder lists of restricted material have been redacted.
Use copies have not been made for audiovisual material in this collection. Collection restrictions, copyright limitations, or technical complications may hinder Special Collection’s ability to provide access to audiovisual content. For further information please contact reference staff at email@example.com.
Digital use copies of born-digital content can be accessed only onsite in the de Gaspé Beaubien Reading Room on a designated Special Collections computer. Researchers are not permitted to copy or download any digital files. To request access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to visiting the library.
Extent18 linear feet (32 boxes)
1.59 gigabytes* (Content from 8 optical disks and 26 disks)
His special areas of interest include business policy, the business environment, corporate long range planning, ethics, and the education of teachers of business administration in foreign countries. He wrote over one hundred case studies and wrote or co-wrote numerous books and articles on corporate planning and ethics. He served as Chair of the International Teachers Program at HBS (ITP) for many years. After his retirement from HBS, he taught at the Harvard University Extension School beginning in 2001. His involvement in business education went beyond HBS. To increase the number of minorities embarking on careers in management, in 1992 he helped create the Management Education Alliance, an organization dedicated to improving business education in universities serving African-Americans and Hispanic Americans. Aguilar died in 2013.
- Series I. Subject files, 1991-2012
- Series II. Harvard Business School international efforts, 1963-2004
- Series III. Teaching records, 1984-2010
- ___Subseries IIIA. Harvard University Extension School teaching records, 2001-2006
- ___Subseries IIIB. Outside teaching records, 1984-1998
- Series IV. Research and writing, 1961-2003
- ___Subseries IVA. Case research and development, 1961-2003
- ___Subseries IVB. Writings and speeches, 1964-2003
- Series V. Professional Activities, 1994-2007
- Series VI. Audiovisual materials, 1980-2001
- Series VII. Restricted files, 1986-2010
By: Benjamin Johnson
Digital content on physical media has been extracted when possible. Files were surveyed, screened for privacy and confidentiality concerns, and transferred to secure storage. Content open for research is described at the series and folder levels below.
Audiovisual content on physical media had not been reformatted.
- Aguilar, Francis J. (Francis Joseph). Francis J. Aguilar Papers, 1961-2012: A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA