Records of banks of New England and New York
Multiple collections of records of banks in New England and New York, 1803-1915.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Some materials may be stored offsite; access requires advance notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Extent5 linear feet (33 volumes, 3 boxes)
This artificial collection of records pertaining to estate, real estate, and private investment management was created as part of a grant project to load as many collections into HOLLIS. In an effort to make these individual collections more discoverable this guide was created with descriptions taken from Manuscripts in Baker Library (4th ed., 1978) and local finding aids housed in the Special Collections reading room. Each one of the entries listed below is a unique collection.
Gift and purchase from various sources, 1927-1973
- Account books
- American Loan & Trust Company
- Bank of Rutland (Vt.)
- Banks and banking--Connecticut.
- Banks and banking--Maine.
- Banks and banking--Massachusetts.
- Banks and banking--New York (State).
- Banks and banking--Vermont.
- Boston Bank
- Cairo City and Canal Company
- Central National Bank (Boston, Mass.)
- New York Bank and Trust Company (New York, N.Y.)
- Savings banks--Connecticut.
- Savings banks--Massachusetts.
- State Bank (Boston, Mass.)
- Sutton Bank
- Records of Banks of New England and New York, 1803-1915: A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections and Archives, Harvard Business School Repository
Baker Library Special Collections and Archives holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA