William Appleton and Company records
- William Appleton and Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Extent75 linear feet (152 volumes, 91 boxes)
Also included are the records of companies in which the firm had financial interests: Benzinger Coal and Iron Company, 1847-1881; Boston Oil Company, 1876-1877; Boston Sugar Refinery, 1837-1843; and Erie Basin Dock Company, 1864-1880.
- Series I. Financial records, 1831-1889
- Series II. Correspondence, 1840-1888
- Series III. Ship's papers, 1840-1873
- Series IV. Personal papers, 1813-1862
- Series V. Other papers, 1837-1881
16 volumes of diaries and letter books, 1813-1861, were gift of W. Appleton Lawrence, 1950.
By: Benjamin Johnson
- Account books
- Appleton, William
- Augustine Heard & Company
- Baring Brothers & Co.
- Boston (Mass.)--Commerce
- China--Commerce--United States
- Export marketing
- Foreign marketing
- Manila (Philippines)--Commerce
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)--Commerce
- Russell & Co.
- Tea trade
- United States--Commerce--China
- William Appleton and Company. William Appleton and Company Records, 1813-1889
- Baker Library
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA