Waltham Watch Company records
- 1854-1941 (inclusive)
- Majority of material found within 1854-1929
- Waltham Watch Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Extent111 linear feet (1009 volumes, 52 boxes, 3 cases)
- Series A. Administrative records, 1854-1923
- Series B. Journals, 1885-1923
- Series C. Ledgers, 1864-1923
- Series D. Cash books, 1854-1928
- Series E. Trial balances, 1905-1923
- Series F. Bills receivable and payable, 1893-1923
- Series G. Vouchers (paid bills), 1906-1921
- Series H. Supplies and purchase records, 1895-1923
- Series K. Labor records: Time books and pay rolls, 1859-1924
- Series L. Production records, 1867-1920
- Series M. Credit union loans, 1919-1920
- Series N. Parts orders, 1911
- Series O. Sales, 1857-1927
- Series P. Letters, 1900-1916
- Series R. Miscellany, 1875-1921
- Series S. Legal records, 1899-1941
- Series T. Advertising materials, 1879-1929
- Series U. Dubois Watch Case Co. records, 1907-1921
- Series W. Cadillac Motor Car Co. records, 1920-1921
- Series X. Matalene records, 1914-1919
- Series Y. Packard Motor Car Co. records, 1913-1921
- Series Z. Potter Brothers, Chicago, records, 1915-1922
- Series ZA. Papers of Charles W. Moore, 1845-1946
- Photographs, 1862-1893, undated
Existence and Location of Copies
Vols. AD-1 and AD-2 (Treasurer’s Reports, 1859-1899) is available on microfilm (1 reel, 35 mm.) for use in the Historical Collections Reading Room, Baker Library. Order no. 84-0192.
Vols. RC-1 and RC-2 (2 histories of E. A. Marsh, c.1889 and c.1921) is available on microfilm (1 reel, 35 mm.) for use in the Historical Collections Reading Room, Baker Library. Order no. 65-7615.
Pay rolls, 1871-1875, (portions of v. KC-6, KC-7, KC-8 and KC-9) are available on microfilm (1 reel, 35mm.) from Historical Collections, Baker Library. Order no. 85-4668.
- Account books.
- American Waltham Watch Company
- Cadillac Motor Car Company
- Clock and watch makers.
- Clock and watch making -- Massachusetts.
- Clocks and watches -- Marketing.
- Fitch, Ezra Charles
- General Electric Company
- Manufactures -- Massachusetts -- Waltham.
- Metal products.
- Moore, Charles W.
- Patent suits.
- Waltham Watch Company. Waltham Watch Company records, 1854-1941 (inclusive), 1854-1929 (bulk): A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA