Caterpillar Tractor Company Photograph Collection
Conditions Governing Access
5 linear feet (6 boxes)
The collection is organized into two series, the first containing photographs of Caterpillar’s plants and the manufacture of equipment. The second series contains photographs of Caterpillar equipment in use in the United States and numerous other countries.
Caterpillar Tractor Company mounted extensive marketing campaigns during the period documented by these photographs. The company advertised products for a wide variety of industries, including farming, lumbering, quarrying, road building, and engineering. Caterpillar commissioned photographs of its equipment at work for use in a variety of advertisements and other publications. Caterpillar Tractor Company donated these promotional photographs to Harvard Business School in 1932 for use in the classroom and for display in Baker Library.
- I. Manufacturing Caterpillar machinery, 1927-1932
- II. Caterpillar machinery in use, 1927-1932
By: Maggie Hale, assisted by Naomi Singer
- Advertising photography.
- Agriculture machinery--Photographs.
- Caterpillar tractors--Photographs.
- Construction equipment industry--Photographs.
- Construction equipment--Photographs.
- Crawler tractors--Photographs.
- Earthmoving machinery--Photographs.
- Farm equipment--Photographs.
- Peoria, Illinois.
- Photography, Industrial.
- Road machinery--Photographs.
- Tracklaying vehicles--Photographs.
- Tractor industry--Photographs.
- Caterpillar Tractor Company. Caterpillar Tractor Company Photograph Collection, 1927-1932: A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA