Greenleaf and Hubbard business records
Conditions Governing Access
Extent5 linear feet (19 volumes, 4 boxes, 3 cartons)
Greenleaf’s northern family ties were strong. He married Mary Longfellow, daughter of Stephen and Zilpha (Wadsworth) Longfellow. While living in New Orleans, the Greenleafs traveled to Cambridge, Massachusetts, during the summer months to be near their relatives. Eventually, they built a house in Cambridge. Greenleaf was a staunch Union man, so the partnership of Greenleaf and Hubbard dissolved in May 1860 due to tensions preceding the Civil War. At the outbreak of war, Greenleaf’s property in New Orleans was seized, but was restored to him at the close of the hostilities. Greenleaf died suddenly on August 22, 1865.
- Amoskeag Manufacturing Company
- Bills of lading.
- Boott Cotton Mills
- Boston (Mass.) -- Commerce.
- Bryant & Sturgis (Boston, Mass.)
- Commission merchants.
- Coolidge, Thomas Jefferson
- Cotton trade -- Louisiana.
- Cotton trade -- New England.
- Great Falls Manufacturing Company
- Hamilton Manufacturing Company (Lowell, Mass.)
- Lawrence Manufacturing Company
- Lyman Mills
- Nashua Manufacturing Company
- New Bedford (Mass.) -- Commerce.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Commerce.
- Whitney, Israel
- Wholesale trade.
- William Appleton and Company
- Greenleaf and Hubbard. Greenleaf and Hubbard Business Records, 1850-1860 (inclusive): A Finding Aid
- Baker Library
- Description rules
- Language of description
- EAD ID
Part of the Baker Library Special Collections, Harvard Business School, Harvard University Repository
Baker Library Special Collections holds unique resources that focus on the evolution of business and industry, as well as the records of the Harvard Business School, documenting the institution's development over the last century. These rich and varied collections support research in a diverse range of fields such as business, economic, social and cultural history as well as the history of science and technology.
Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
Soldiers Field Road
Boston MA 01263 USA