Bliss, Robert Woods, 1875-1962
- Existence: 1875 - 1962
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
FOUND IN: Dumbarton Oaks / Collection: Dumbarton Oaks Garden Archives, approximately 1921-1979 / Series: PhotographsSub-Series — Folder: 13Identifier: DDO-RB-GAR-001
Scope and Contents: Thirty-seven black and white photographs, 2 color photographs, and a collection of photographs with drawings and notes of the Dumbarton Oaks Park which refers to the 27-acre parcel of land that Robert and Mildred Bliss donated to the National Park Service in 1940. The acreage is now considered a part of Rock Creek Park.When it was part of the Bliss estate, the park belonged to Beatrix Farrand’s garden design. It served as a rustic counterpoint to the complex and formal garden...