Stone & Webster, inc.
Stone & Webster, Boston was formed as a partnership in 1889 and incorporated in 1920 as Stone & Webster, inc. In 1928 the engineering and construction business was taken over by Stone and Webster Engineering Corporation. In 1929 the operating division was taken over by Stone & Webster Service Corporation, which changed its name in 1968 to Stone and Webster Management Consultants.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Blue Hill Street Railway Company business records document the operation of an electric railway line connecting Boston with the outlying towns of Milton, Canton and Stoughton.