American Can Company
The American Can Company (ACC) was incorporated in 1901 and was a leader in the canmaking industry and dominated the market for decades. It was headquartered in Manhattan, New York City until 1970 when it relocated to Greenwich, Connecticut. It had numerous facilities all across the United States and Canada and acquired several organizations including Marathon Corporation in 1957, Dixie Cup in 1957, and Butterick in 1968. In the 1980s ACC ended its operations.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The records come from the American Can Company's Corporate Communications Office and span the years 1901-1986. The collection includes material from ACC as well as from its subsidiaries.
Correspondence, teaching materials, consulting records and administrative records of HBS professor Ross G. Walker.
Miscellaneous material and speeches and lectures given by American Can Company CEO William S. Woodside pertaining to social responsibility of private business.